Dora Roden

The fifteenth-century Venetian well in Aberlady’s memorial garden

This handsome stone ornament, converted to a fountain, was placed in the Pleasance gardens in 1899, in memory of the Countess of Wemyss. It was given to Aberlady by her husband, the tenth Earl, who also played a very significant role in shaping how the village looks today… The Venetian well today, at the east …

The fifteenth-century Venetian well in Aberlady’s memorial garden Read More »